Creating a bookmark in Adobe Acrobat (the manual way)
- Open the PDF file in Adobe Acrobat.
- Go to the "View" menu and select "Bookmarks" to display the Bookmarks panel on the left side of the window.
- In the Bookmarks panel, click the "Add Bookmark" button at the top of the panel.
- A new bookmark will be added to the Bookmarks panel and a text box will appear around the bookmark. Type in the name you want to use for the bookmark.
- To move the bookmark to a different location in the document, click and drag it to the desired location in the Bookmarks panel.
- To nest a bookmark under another bookmark, drag the bookmark to the right of the parent bookmark until it indents slightly.
- To set the destination for the bookmark, click on the bookmark in the Bookmarks panel and then go to the page in the document where you want the bookmark to link to. Click the "Go to Page" button in the Bookmarks panel. This will set the destination for the bookmark to the current page.
Repeat the above steps to add additional bookmarks to the document.
Once you have created your bookmarks, you can use them to quickly navigate through the document by clicking on them in the Bookmarks panel. You can also use the bookmarks to create a table of contents or to create links in other documents or web pages that point to specific pages in the PDF.
Alternatively you could use Mapsoft Bookmarker to automate bookmark creation from the text in your document